Application from eløden/khylean - Demon Hunter

eloden
Battle tag: nasgull#2388

Application from eløden/khylean - Demon Hunter

Post by eloden » 11 Jun 2019, 21:44

A user, eløden/khylean, has applied with the following information using the application form.
Character name: eløden/khylean
Class: Demon Hunter
Why should we choose you and what is your reason for applying?:
Me and my girlfriend are looking for a guild that does a decent progress on next patch (8.2). I did a top 20 world on BoD as shadow priest in which I invested +10-12/h a day till we killed Jaina for 3-5weeks so I know what hardcore raiding is like. Due to the fact I have to do other IRL things such us working, my time is very limited and since I have few characters in Kazzak horde (I did progress on Dun-Modr alliance) I am looking for a guild that has a 3-4 day raid schedule around 21.00pm and does a decent world progress. I have experience as a multiclass raider but my gf can only stick for now with her hunter. She has top 350-400 world exp on BoD on a top 5 spanish guild. As I mentioned previously and as an example I did not play shadow priest since Cata but on Sloth they offered me a Shadow priest spot. I took the chance and learned the class in 2 weeks. After that I achieved top 20 world with a class I barely played before. I´m also a multigladiator pvp player on 5 different classes and therefore I´m quite good in terms of mechanics. I would say that´s my biggest strength. The classes that I currently play are: Demon Hunter>Warrior>Windwalker>Mage>ShadowPriest. I can also learn any class that is needed. My preference would be on top of any other class Demon Hunter, since is the class I have the most fun but I can addapt to other roles. Talked with Sov today (melee officer) so he can probably give more info about me. For further information we can set up a discord call and have a talk.
I´m a very competitive player and my experience backs me up. I´m also self-critical in everything that I do and I take criticism in a good way if the reason behind it is to make me improve. I don´t have big ego and I follow RL orders to contribute as much as I can to the raid. I´m also willing to take any raid responsability if boss requires people to do individual mechanics or anything like that. I work well under pressure.

The conditions that I need in order to join a new guild are:
1. Raid with my gf.
2. If I need to play a new class, the guild has to help me gear that new class (I would say doing BoD re-clears to prepare 8.2 raid is the most common thing right now so it would be fast)
3. Once progress is done, I want to be able to raid on my main class (DH) on raid re-clears to gear it.
Battle tag: nasgull#2388
Raid Role (healer/DPS/tank): DPS
Link to armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/es-es/search?q=el%C3%B8den
Link to wow progress: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... l%C3%B8den
Link to logs: Sloth logs are private but I will link the Jaina MM top 20 world kill. My character is "Eloden"
Link a screenshot of your raid-UI (imgur.com): https://gyazo.com/16efbf5df6ed74b492bad89dec7d0a8a
Most notable alt (link armory): Khylean-Dun Modr (DH Alliance), Khÿlean-Dun Modr (WW Alliance), Khylêan-Dun-Modr (Mage Alliance), Koltarr-Dun Modr (Warrior Alliance), Khylean-Kazzak (Dh Horde), BigWazowski-Kazzak (warrior horde)
Why are you leaving your current/last guild?: They are not raiding at the moment.
Why do you want to join Santa Maria?: I´m looking for a middle tier guild that is not hardcore or does soft raiding. As I saw Santa Maria fits on what I´m looking and has had a solid base and core for years.
What is your raiding experience this expansion?: BoD top 20 world on Sloth, Dun Modr (spanish guild)
When did you start playing WoW?: TBC
Do you have a reliable PC & connection?: Yes
Are you comfortable speaking on Discord?: Yes
Do you know anyone here who can vouch for you?: No, but talked with Sov
Anything you would like to add?: Let´s see where does this end up, but I´m motivated to raid on 8.2 and meet new people that hopefully can become long term friends for upcoming patches!
Sov
Melee officer / admin
Melee officer / admin
Battle tag: sov#2531

Re: Application from eløden/khylean - Demon Hunter

Post by Sov » 12 Jun 2019, 14:26

Hello @Eloden

Thank you for your application to Santa Maria. As this is a package deal we will await the application of your girlfriend, before we take both in consideration.

As I said during our talk on Discord, we do not work with 2 main characters and only allow alts in our main raid if the fight (as in progressfight calls for it), so point 3 raised by you:
Once progress is done, I want to be able to raid on my main class (DH) on raid re-clears to gear it
won't be possible here. We gear our alts in pugs and M+ mostly.

If you have any questions or would like to give more info, feel free to message an me on battle-net.

Regards,

Sov
Nightshades
Raider
Raider
Battle tag: Nightshades#2231

Re: Application from eløden/khylean - Demon Hunter

Post by Nightshades » 15 Jun 2019, 19:32

Hey Eloden

We have discussed your application and decided to decline your application. We do not accept package deal applications unless under very unusual circumstances.

We wish you luck in your continued search for a raiding guild.