Application from ed- - Warlock

ed-
Battle tag: youngkobe#2126

Application from ed- - Warlock

Post by ed- » 11 Jan 2019, 00:22

A user, ed-, has applied with the following information using the application form.
Character name: ed-
Class: Warlock
Why should we choose you and what is your reason for applying?:
I never had more urgency to raid than now, I'm extremely stable in regards to attendance and I feel invested once I'm on the right path. I don't expect to get carried, I always prefer carrying my own weight. I learn and study the classes that I play at their maximum capacity, I SIM my gear(I use multiple runs, run for 1 target, for 2 targets, 3 targets and lastly for 4 targets). Furthermore I use Warcraftlogs to see how well the talents/trinkets, azerite pieces are performing for a given boss. And lastly I watch relevant streamers to my class from top guilds because I'm bored. I play my offspecs on par with my main spec. Although I took a 28month break from WoW I learned them again incredibly fast.
Raid Role (healer/DPS/tank): Ranged caster dps
Link to armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... edsheerann
Link to wow progress: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... Edsheerann
Link to logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/eu/stormscale/awol (please scroll to the left, April 20th 2016 is my first raid and end of September 2016 is my last), raided every single week during that time expect maybe missed about 2 raids during pre patch when i was on vacation). I didn't play WoW for 28 months so those are the last raiding logs I'm able to provide.
Link a screenshot of your raid-UI (imgur.com):
Most notable alt (link armory): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... e/opblinkz
Why are you leaving your current/last guild?: I quit WoW purely because I hated the gameplay design in Legion, so I played it only 4 weeks upon launch, the gameplay design wasn't so alt friendly at that time and also I wasn't a fan of the legendary acquisition system at all. Everyone in the guild was putting in the hours playing 10~14 hours a day and those who didn't get a legendary or got a bad legendary were benched (rightfully so).
Why do you want to join Santa Maria?: I'm applying because I think this can be a right guild for me. Today I watched your hunter's stream and the atmosphere looks good.
What is your raiding experience this expansion?: Playing only 2 and a half weeks into the expo and not having any friends in game to rely on, only cleared HC uldir nothing else, i watch a lot of streamers from top guilds so i know majority of the mythic tactics, if you plan on putting me in raid I will need to watch vids to make sure I don't miss anything.
When did you start playing WoW?: Started playing the game some time in early 2007. In WoD I progressed through HFC with a guild named Rat Pack ended up killing archi around 600 world rank, a few months after that AwoL(100~200rank range guild) recruited me which at that time were the best players on the server, so I joined them mid april and raided with them until end of September 2016 when I decided to quit. Also I raided in MoP where I cleared heroic/mythic SoO by pugging. And lastly I cleared Dragon soul normal mode only, Wotlk did normal mode ICC only, and Kara/gruul t4tier in TBC only.
Do you have a reliable PC & connection?: yes 45~50latency and 25~144 fps in raid depending on boss mechanics and blizzard(indie company) optimization
Are you comfortable speaking on Discord?: Yes
Do you know anyone here who can vouch for you?: nah
Anything you would like to add?: Yes, although I took a 28 month break from WoW I'm rapidly learning stuff and I'm invested into the game. During legion I didn't watch raiding at all, but once BFA launched I watched the mythic race for Ghuun and wanted to return to the game badly, also I started to watch streams daily for months before I decided to return to WoW. I returned to WoW 2 and a half weeks ago and i'm currently revered with magni(Azeroth rep), currently lvl 36 on my neck and low ilvl of 374. And yes I am awere that I'm behind but in the coming weeks I'm planning to get 380ilvl ( possibly more if theres an open spot for raiding and You decide to give me a trial). With that in mind, I won't be much behind for dazar'alor heroic raid, and after the first week and second week of heroic I should be on par with the other raiders in your guild. (of course 7 bonus roll tokens will help a lot, I currently have 7 saved up). I won't be expecting a free dinner steak, I like to work for things. In the end if you decide to give me a trial, I will spend playin' 8~12 hours daily so I can catch up with others and be on the same playing field. And I almost forgot I don't think You guys require an alt but I'm willing to roll one and i'm flexible as long as it is a ranged caster (mage, boomie, spriest, ele sham pref). I learn and study the classes that I play at their maximum capacity so deciding which gem or enchant to put on my gear isn't diffuclt for me. Of course when I have slight dilemma I SIM my gear(I use multiple runs, run for 1 target, for 2 targets, 3 targets and lastly for 4 targets). Furthermore I use Warcraftlogs to see how well the talents/trinkets,azerite pieces are performing for a given boss. And lastly I watch relevant streamers to my class from top guilds because I'm bored.
ed-

Re: Application from ed- - Warlock

Post by ed- » 11 Jan 2019, 01:22

Forgot to mention I can adopt on the fly and IDC about personal agenda, i only care about progression and working as a unit.
Sov
Melee officer / admin
Melee officer / admin
Battle tag: sov#2531

Re: Application from ed- - Warlock

Post by Sov » 11 Jan 2019, 09:15

Hey @ed-, thank you for applying to Santa Maria. At the moment we have 2 warlocks, if we decide take a 3rd one that lock needs to have good recent logs or be able to show them while joining us for a trial-raid, as your logs are outdated and your current character is behind we cannot offer you anything sadly. We wish you the best in your search for a suitable guild.

Regards,

Sov.